Saudi Arabia prequalifies 24 for Al-Haer sewage treatment plant tender
The Saudi Water Partnership Company (SWPC) has prequalified 24 firms to participate in the tender for the Al-Haer independent sewage treatment plant (ISTP) tender
The Saudi Water Partnership Company (SWPC) has prequalified 24 firms to participate in the tender for the Al-Haer independent sewage treatment plant (ISTP) tender.
Energy & Utilities reported in December 2021 that SWPC had invited developers to submit prequalification documents after having received expressions of interest (EOI) from 39 developers for the Al-Haer independent sewage treatment plant (ISTP).
The Al-Haer ISTP is planned to have a sewage treatment capacity of 200,000 cubic metres a day (cm/d), and will be located in the capital city of Riyadh.
The 24 prequalified firms are:
- Abdul Aziz Al Ajlan Sons Company for Commercial & Real Estate Investment
- Acciona Agua
- Alfanar Company
- International Water Distribution Company (TAWZEA)
- Tamasuk Holding Company/ Al Blagha Group Company
- China Gezhouba Group Company
- China Harbour Engineering Company
- Civil Works Company
- Cobra Instalaciones y Servicios
- SETE Energy Saudia for Industrial Projects
- GS Inima Environment
- Metito Utilities Limited
- Miahona Company
- Mowah Company
- SAUR SAS
- Power and Water Utility Company for Yanbu and Jubail (Marafiq)
- A. de Obras y Servicios, COPASA Group
- Suez International
- Alkhorayef Water and Power Technologies Company
- China Everbright Water Investment
- Jinluo Water Company
- Lamar Saudi United Holding
- Vishvaraj Environment Private
The successful developer will form a special purpose vehicle (SPV) to operate and maintain the plant under a 25-year sewage treatment agreement (STA) with SWPC. SWPC’s obligations will be supported by a credit support agreement from the Saudi government.
SWPC has appointed KPMG as lead and financial adviser for the project, with White & Case and Future Water and Power Consulting appointed as legal and technical advisers respectively.
Energy & Utilities - Middle East and Africa Market, Outlook Report 2023.
This must-have report for industry players offers a thorough understanding of the latest developments, challenges, and opportunities in the region, supported by data, analysis, and expert insights.
Market Outlook Report 2023
This resource provides insights into business opportunities, trends, and technologies in the MEA energy sector. It covers current and upcoming power projects, new energy initiatives across MENA, investment trends in the African energy scene, and highlights in solar markets, hydrogen, and battery storage.