Bee’ah to develop solar farm at Sharjah landfill site
UAE waste management company Bee’ah is planning to develop a 40MW photovoltaic (PV) solar farm at a waste landfill site in the Northern Emirate of Sharjah. Part of the landfill site will be converted to contain 24MW of PV solar capacity, with 16MW to f...
Oman invites bids for 1GW-plus Manah solar projects
OPWP has issued the request for proposals (RFP) for the planned Manah 1 and 2 solar IPPs, which will each have a capacity of 500MW-600MW. The client has stipulated that a different bidder will be selected for each project.
Kuwait cancels 1.5GW solar tender
Kuwait's government has cancelled the tender for the 1.5GW Al-Dibdibah solar project, more than 15 months after bids were submitted. Kuwait is planning for renewable energy to contribute 15 per cent of its total energy production by 2030.
EU and multilateral institutions to finance Armenian solar project
Project will be developed by Fotowatio Renewable Ventures (FRV), part of Saudi Arabia’s Abdul Latif Jameel Energy. The 55MW PV project will be able to generate more than 128 gigawatt-hours of electricity annually, which will reduce annual carbon emissi...
Showcase your product face to face with the industry at IFSEC International
27,000 visitors, 116 countries, over £20bn total budget, 3 days
Azerbaijan plans pilot programme for floating solar installations
Azerbaijan has set a target for renewable energy to contribute 30 per cent of its total energy requirements by 2030. Earlier in 2020, Saudi Arabia's Acwa Power and the UAE's Masdar signed agreements to develop 240MW wind energy and 200MW PV solar energ...
Major GCC solar project nears financial close
The Marubeni/Total consortium will own a 40 per cent stake in the solar asset, with the government-owned Siraj Solar holding the remaining 60 per cent. Siraj Solar is a joint venture (JV) of utility provider Qatar Electricity & Water Company (QEWC) and...